Sunday, February 25, 2007

Joseph’s Martyrdom!

Knowing that God sees the end from the beginning and shares that knowledge with his prophets is a major factor in judging Joseph’s martyrdom. Did not the Lord speak in D&C 132:60 the price Joseph would pay?

Let no one, therefore, set on my servant Joseph; for I will justify him: for he shall do the sacrifice which I will require at his hands for his transgressions, saith the Lord your God.

Perhaps on another note Joseph’s final plead wasn’t for mercy, but like the Savior’s cry of:

My God, my God, why hast thou fosaken me?

There is strong evidence he was bearing his final testimony. See Psalm 22 to make the connect. A leap of faith from doubt and despair to a true witness to those round about it was all foretold and written. Can you see the paradigm shift?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home